Cheesy, Beef Casserole2014-03-05
- Yield : 1 Casserole
- Servings : 4-6
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 20m
- Ready In : 45m
- 1 Tbsp of olive oil, plus 1/2 tsp for greasing
- 3 cups of uncooked, wide egg noodles
- 1 and 1/2 cups of sour cream
- 1/2 a cup of grated parmesan cheese
- 3/4 of a pound of ground beef
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped and seeded
- 1 Tbsp of tomato paste
- 1 tsp of italian seasoning
- 1 can of diced tomatoes, 14 1/2 ounces
- 2 cups of grated cheddar cheese
Grease a 2 quart baking dish with olive oil and preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
Cook the egg noodles to al dente in a large pot of salted water.
While the noodles are cooking, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet.
Cook the ground beef until no longer pink. Add the bell pepper and cook for about 3 minutes longer. Add the tomato paste and the italian seasoning and cook for about a minute longer.
Pour the diced tomatoes into the beef mixture and heat to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes.
When the noodles are cooked, drain them and put them into the baking dish. Add the sour cream, parmesan cheese and 1/4 tsp of salt to the noodles and mix well.
Pour the beef mixture over the noodles and spread evenly. Top with the grated cheddar cheese.
Bake uncovered for 15-20 minutes until the cheese is melted. Remove from oven and let set for a few minutes before serving.
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe